*full disclosure: This post was created in partnership with Ninja and I received a complimentary product but all opinions within are my own.*
If ever there was a single ingredient comfort food, it’s the potato! Starchy, hearty, stick to your ribs goodness. And my family loves a good potato recipe!
While we love our potato wedges and fries, we limit the amount of fried food we have, and are always looking for ways to “healthify” (hey, it’s a word okay?) our favorite guilty pleasures. Enter- the Ninja Foodi!
The Ninja Foodi is an air fryer, pressure cooker, dehydrator, slow cooker, roaster in one. YES! All in one machine!
We were gifted a Ninja Foodi about a week ago and I’ve used it every single day so far! It’s a total game changer!
I’m obviously a beginner and still getting a feel for the machine, so I’ve been loving the cookbook that came with the Ninja Foodi! I especially couldn’t wait to try their recipe for Crispy Potato Wedges recipe ! Let me just say, it did not disappoint!
Not only do these potato wedges cook in half the time as a traditional fry, they cook up crispy on the out side and creamy on the inside using just a tbsp of olive oil! That means nothing is sopping in grease and oil.
After cooking, they are tossed in a combination of fresh herbs, lemon juice, and a touch more olive oil, and they are perfectly fresh and amazing for a spring or summer cook out!
We loved it so much, we are adding these to our weekly rotation! One thing I really appreciated is that this recipe showcases how much this one machine can do, as it uses both the pressure cook AND air crisp functions! So, without further adieu, here’s the Ninja Foodi Crispy Potato Wedge recipe, with my own little twist.
Crispy Lemon Herb
Potato Wedges with Ninja Foodi Pressure Cooker
prep: 15 min | cook: 15-20 min
servings: 4 | pressure build: 6min
pressure release: quick
1/2 c water
4 russet potatoes, cut into wedges
3 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
1tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp fresh ground pepper
1 tsp onion powder
Juice of 1 lemon
1. Pour the water into the pot and place the potatoes in the Cook & Crisp basket, place basket into pot.
2. Attach and close the pressure lid and make sure that the release valve is pointed to SEAL. Select the PRESSURE function and set it to LOW temp. Ser the time to 3 min and select start/stop to start.
3. While the potatoes are cooking, mix together 1tbsp of oil with the herbs, spices, and lemon juice. Set aside.
4. Once the pressure cooking is complete, you can release the pressure by moving the valve to VENT. (It will be hot so use caution. I moved it with tongs.) Carefully removd the pressure lid when the steam stops and machine finishes releasing pressure.
5. Pour the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil over the potatoes a d gently toss to coat evenly.
6. Close the crisping lid and select the AIR CRISP function. Set your temp at 400° and set the time to 18 minutes. Select Start/Stop to begin. Starting at 12 minutes check the potatoes every couple of minutes for desired crispness.
7. Once potatoes are to your liking, remove from the basket and toss with your lemon herb mixture. Serve immediately and enjoy!