Seed Company Shopping Tips
When you are starting your garden and shopping for seeds, there’s a few things to look out for in a seed company to make sure you’re get high-quality seeds and have a successful growing season.
Here are some things I consider when shopping for seeds:
- Seed quality: Look for a company that offers high-quality seeds that are genetically pure, disease-free, & have high germination rates. You can check for seed quality by looking for companies that test their seeds for purity, viability, and germination rates.
- Seed variety: Look for a company that offers a wide range of seed varieties, including heirloom, organic, and hybrid seeds. All of the companies I listed in this post offer a wide variety to keep your garden interesting! This allows you to choose the best seeds for your garden and gives you the opportunity to try new and unique varieties.
- Seed source: Look for a company that sources their seeds from reputable growers and breeders, or even grows their own. Some companies may even offer seeds that have been locally adapted to your specific growing region, which can increase the chances of success in your garden!
- Customer reviews: Look for customer reviews & ratings of the seed company you’re considering shopping with to get an idea of the quality of their products and customer service. If you’re spending the money, you want to make sure you’re also getting a quality product.
- Customer service: Look for a company that provides excellent customer service – like offering guidance on planting and growing, answering questions, and providing information about their seeds and how to get the most success growing them.
- Price: Look for a company that offers reasonable prices for their seeds, but don’t sacrifice quality for a low price. Inexpensive seeds may be more accessible, and can work when you need them to – but just know that they will likely not be of the highest quality and may not perform well in your garden. They may also have low germination rates, which can end up costing you more money in the long run.
When you’re shopping for seeds and considering these factors, you can find a reputable seed company that offers high-quality seeds and provides all of the resources and support you need to make sure you have a successful growing season.
Find this Helpful?
Find this post helpful? It would mean a lot if you could share it! Pinning it to Pinterest (you can follow me here!) helps get this post seen by others who could benefit from it as well!
To stay up to date with my latest posts, you can subscribe at the bottom of this post!